According to OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard, bloodborne pathogens are infectious microorganisms present in blood that can cause disease in humans.
These pathogens include, but are not limited to, hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) – the virus that causes AIDS. Workers exposed to bloodborne pathogens are at risk for serious or life-threatening illnesses. QualSafe offers OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Training for employees that may come in contact with Bloodborne pathogens and could be at risk.
All of the requirements of OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens standards can be found in Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations at 29 CFR 1910.1030. The standard’s requirements lay out what steps employers are required to take in order to protect workers who are occupationally exposed to blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). In other words, these standards protect workers who can reasonably be anticipated to come into contact with blood or OPIM as a result of performing their expected job duties.
Our Bloodborne pathogens training will provide your employees with the knowledge necessary to comply with OSHA’s standards for Bloodborne Pathogens. In general, the OSHA standards require employers to:
- Establish an exposure control plan.
- Update the plan annually.
- Implement the use of universal precautions.
- Identify and use engineering controls.
- Identify and ensure the use of work practice controls.
- Provide personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, gowns, eye protection, and masks.
- Make available hepatitis B vaccinations to all workers with occupational exposure.
- Make available post-exposure evaluation and follow-up to any occupationally exposed worker who experiences an exposure incident.
- Use labels and signs to communicate hazards.
- Provide information and training to workers.
- Maintain worker medical and training records.
With QualSafe’s Bloodborne Pathogens Training, your team will be equipped to meet all the requirements above and more. We ensure that all our instructors in this field stay up to date on the latest protocols and technologies to provide your team with the most up to date information during each Bloodborne Pathogens Training. Every training session includes a high quality presentation by instructors who work to ensure that your team is expertly prepared to work in environments where bloodborne pathogen hazards may exist.
Call us today if you have questions about our training or if you would like to schedule a class today! The entire QualSafe team is excited to help keep you and your employees safe and healthy.